Friday, January 25, 2013

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters Review


Well hello there, folks! Unfortunately due to the weather this weekend, Disney has been postponed! But to make up for it, the husband took me to lunch, and a movie and then dinner after! Talk about an awesome date-day. Haha!

I have been looking forward to seeing Hansel and Gretel for a few months now, so I was more than thrilled to go see it today.

I was familiar with the actor, Jeremy Renner due to seeing his past movie, "The Town" and then of course him appearing in "Thor" and being a main character on "The Avengers".
Seems like he is popping up more these days in movies, and i'm telling you the truth when I say, I'm not even bothered by it. ;]

Was very happy to see Famke Janssen! I absolutely love her! She's in a lot of my favorite movies like... "X-men" and "I-Spy". She is a very beautiful woman and talented actress.

Actress I was not familiar with: Gemma Arterton.
Can I tell you that she is absolutely beautiful, and a really great actress? I hope to see her in more movies. I was very impressed with her acting skills. She also reminds me of Jennifer Garner. Her facial expressions she makes is almost identical in some scenes!

Okay, Okay, to the actual critic part.

Pros: Acting was solid. Story line, plot, the whole sh-bang. Was very well held together and I enjoyed that. For the most part the effects were very great.

Cons; The only effects that I think could have been better were the Troll, "Edwards". He looked like rubber to me. And also, I couldn't really understand what he was saying half the time, I had to ask my husband.

Overall: I would defiantly say YES to go see this movie! It really was a great movie, and I plan on buying it on blu-ray when it comes out!


*I saw this movie in 3D.
A lot of people whine that you know 3D is for things that ALWAYS pop out at you etc.
The movie industry isn't trying to always have things flying out at you FYI. It is to capture as much detail as possible. Almost like realism I would personally say.
I do not regret my decision in watching it in 3D. I think it makes the whole movie experience that much better. And I really do appreciate those extra details that I would not get seeing it regularly.

4/5 stars!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment