Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Django Movie Review.






    A few days ago I went and saw 'Django' which I was extremely excited about. So many great actors in this movie and it's a western. What could be better? I really enjoyed this movie. It was pretty amazing. The story-line, the plot..everything. I was totally consumed by the movie the entire time. Previews started at 2:10 and we got out of the theaters at 5:10. A lot of people were saying they really like the movie but didn't like how long it was.. I can understand that if you're not into movies like me. But can we be frank here? I didn't even notice. I didn't look at my phone once. I thought I was going to pee my pants before it was over but I refused to leave cause I was afraid of missing something crucial.

 Now I must warn you.... it is incredibly graphic and heart wrenching. I cried about 3 times cause of how heart broken I was for those African Americans. The thought that people really did this back in the day made me sick and really upset. They say the not so popular "N" word more than I can even think to count. I would have to say well over 100 times. I'm not even kidding. It made me feel a little bit uncomfortable but I just tried to get in the state of mind that this was a loooong time ago.

 I loved the beginning, middle and end. Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Fox, and Samuel L. Jackson, did amazing in this movie. As well as all the other actors. Especially one of the main characters with Jamie Fox.... his name is Christoph Waltz. You may remember him of being that one jerk off in Water For Elephants, named August.

 If you're looking for a great movie, I would definitely recommend that you go see this. It is not a waste of money I can promise you that.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment