Friday, January 25, 2013

Smashbox Primer Review

      So as I told you guys in a previous post, I was going to do some reviewing on the things I got about a week ago. A couple things i'm going to have to wait a little longer to make sure I give you guys an accurate review.

Let's get started!


I have extremely dry skin. Sometimes when I put my foundation in, it doesn't look as flawless as I would have hoped for, for that particular brand. I changed the type of makeup wipes I was using to the "hydrating" ones, and started applying Smashbox's Photo Finish Hydrating Primer before I add my concealer and foundation. Smashbox has all times of primers for you to use depending on what your skin is like. They are: Dark Spot Correcting Primer, Color Correcting Primer, Color Correcting Foundation Primer, and a lot of other ones also if you want a glow, or something like that. I bought this at Ulta for $42. It is in a 1 fl. oz tube. They have the smaller ones at check out that are $17 if you would prefer to pay that amount first before diving into a bigger tube. Everyday that I apply my makeup, I give my face another wipe from my makeup remover just to make sure I got all of the 'yesterdays' makeup off. After I dot the primer on to both sides of my cheeks, my forehead, and my chin. I realllly rub it in too. I wait about a minute before I add my concealer and foundation just so it has time to set.

Once I add my foundation and blend it to my satisfaction, my skin appears to be healthy, flawless, and well... pretty! It took about 2 or 3 days before I saw a difference. This will definetly be a must have for me for now on. (Sorry hubs!)

I would recommend this brand to anyone for whatever skin type you have. The smell isn't bad, it smells refreshing to me. It rubs into my skin just fine, and I am very happy with the results I have been getting. 

The ingredients include: Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Hexlene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Crosspolymer, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Glycerin, Stearyl Dimethicone, PEG-8 dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-8, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, [+/- Blue 1 (Cl 42090), Red 4 (Cl 14700), Yellow 5 (Cl 19190)}

Overall experience: Positive. I recommend this product.

I hope you guys enjoyed this review of mine, and I look forward to doing more!
Until then,
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment