Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Recipe & Review

     Good evening all! It's been a pretty hectic couple of days. Like I said previously we are having to move into another TLF house/hotel. Not only cause they can't extend us any longer at this specific one, but we also want a pet friendly one so we can bring baby Berlioz home to us. I am lacking such motivation right now, I do a little bit of packing and then find myself sitting down on my phone or looking up something completely unrelated to what I should be doing.

Last night I did make a pretty amazing dinner that wasn't too bad in calories either.. "Creamy chicken chipotle with roasted corn and beans with green and red peppers." Wow what a long title... Let's just use the first three words, okay..

I bought this really inexpensive packet at the grocery store. It's a "Cam bell's Skillet" pack. Obviously we got the chipotle one. It comes with the corn and the beans in it already.
So this is what you need. The packet for starters. It's only 70 calories per 1/4th cup of sauce you use in your meal.
You need: 1 pound of chicken; 1 small green and red pepper and 3 cloves of fresh garlic (these are all optional, I used them to add extra flavor and to get some more vegetables in there. I like to put green and red pepper and fresh garlic in just about everything.

You will also need rice of your choice. I just used the Uncle Ben's rice that you boil in a pot. It's simple, good, and fast.

All you have to do is brown the chicken with some oil, maybe put some peppa' on the chicken just cause pepper is awesome. Cut your green and red peppers in half, and then on the halves, cut down the midde again, and just do thin strips. And then minc your garlic.
I did not add these until the chicken was almost thoroughly cooked through. Then added those ingredients to get softer and maybe even give the chicken some more flavor too. After about 5 minutes I added the Camp-bell's Skillet sauce and lowered the heat and covered and just simmered it until the rice was ready. After I felt like it was good enough to eat, it looked a little like this,




I seriously scarfed this down. It was so good. My husband was even impressed. Hello more wifey brownie points for me! It took maybe a total of 30 minutes including prep. It was a very quick, impacted with flavor meal. It was a little spicy, but I like spicy food so it wasn't a problem. My husband doesn't care for too-spicy foods.. But he could still enjoy it. So that's something to consider.




Last night I was also able to use one of my lush bath bombs that I bought on new years eve. I was so excited! Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the bath bomb. I looked online and couldn't find it there either.

It smelled so wonderful, I was bummed that it left the water so foggy and almost like the water was dirty... What a shame right?! As you can see, you can see the little seeds and twig lookin' things. It left my skin feeling incredibly soft and smelling great! But I didn't like the seed/twig looking things or the water. It was kind of a hassle cleaning all those things out. If you're like me... and a little lazy... You know, you take a bath to relax.. It's no fun to have to clean up after a relaxing bath. Kind of defeats the purpose for me. Luckily I have lots more lush products to use for future baths! So i'll do more reviews on them hoping you like these kind of reviews and things.

  Today I went out into town and stopped by Petsmart and got some things for Berlioz. Didn't get some things cause they're a little too big and we can only fit so much in our car for tomorrow which we are already struggling on how we are going to fit as is lol. 




   Well folks. Pretty little liars winter premiere comes back on in 30 minutes. I should probably clean a little more before it comes on because i'm going to be glued to the couch when it comes on.

xx








No comments:

Post a Comment