Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Baked Ham and Egg Benedict w/ No Bread

Heyo! Kayley here, and I am here to share my delicious low carb breakfast that I had this morning! Now, I will be honest and say that I stole the main recipe from Pinterest. But hey, it helps get my creative juices flowin' !

The original recipe said to use turkey. I would have used turkey like it said but unfortunately I didn't have turkey like I thought! So I improvised and used ham instead. :)

So, alls you gotta do is the following:

1. Get a muffin pan.
2. Layer the muffin pan with ham or turkey.
3. Crack an egg into each one.
4. Season the egg with Salt, Pepper, and Paprika.
5. Set the oven at 375 degrees, and let cook for 20 minutes.

Now, if you want to spice up the original recipe like I did... the all you have to do is go to the grocery store section where they have gravy and pick up the "Hollondaise" packet. You will be familiar with this if you happen to love Eggs Benedict like me.

So while the eggs were cooking in the oven, I started my hollondaise sauce. All you have to have in stock for this is a half stick of butter. The other two ingredients is only water and of course the ingredient in the packet. So I cooked that, let it thicken while I waited for my eggs to be done.

This is not a recipe that you have to continuously stand by, you can walk off for a few minutes while the hollondaise sauce is heating up and thickening. All you have to do really is just make sure to stir it.

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes

What I thought: I absolutely loved this for breakfast! Especially with the hollondaise sauce. I feel like it gives me that extra... umph.. if you will. :)

After I posted this on my fitness instagram and my personal, I had several people asking me how to make it, or that they made it! They didn't use the hollondaise sauce because they used what they had at the house. They still absolutely loved it!

So there you go folks.
210 calorie breakfast for 2 of them! Can't beat that!

Thanks for looking!
xo

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Emily! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog!

    ewalsh874{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete